The Listening Program
- Improves listening skills
- Improves direction following
- Improves conversations
- Brings less stress in noisy places
The Listening Program is based upon research of the effects of noise pollution and neurological stress. It is a 10-week, home program of listening to strategically engineered CD’s that have filtered sounds embedded in music. The purpose is to reduce hypersensitive hearing and to increase awareness to sounds that are often missed by people with auditory processing challenges.
We have used this program for over 20 years. The Listening Program from Advanced Brain Technologies has met more of the goals of improving sensory integration in the long run. It is most commonly a part of an inclusive treatment program, though it can also be a singular focus of therapy.
There are other listening therapies available and they are all based upon the same science. However, we choose this method over all the others because:
- The design is more user-friendly to the very sensitive person
- This system gradually trains the brain instead of bombarding the brain. Other systems can be too stressful and overloading
- This system remains the most affordable for families.
The Listening Program may also help with:
- Attention problems
- Listening problems
- Learning problems
- Central auditory processing difficulties
- Difficulty retaining information
- Sound sensitivities
- Energy level confidence